1. Scientific presentations:
- M. Alley. The Craft of Scientific Presentations. Springer (2013);
- D. M. Schultz. Eloquent Science: A Practical Guide to Becoming a Better Writer, Speaker, and
Atmospheric Scientist. AMS (2009);
- S. K. McConnell. Designing effective scientific presentations [Video]. You Tube.
2. Scientific writing:
- J. Schimel. Writing science. Oxford Univ. Press (2012);
- M. Alley. The Craft of Scientific Writing. Springer (2018);
- J. Saramäki. How to write a scientific paper (2018);
- B. Gustavii. How to Write and Illustrate Scientific Papers. Cambridge Univ. Press (2008);
- W. Zinsser. On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction. HarperCollins (2006).
The final assessment will be based on three presentations on the subjects chosen by the student: (i) a 20-minute talk for specialists, (ii) a 10-minute talk for the general public, and (iii) 3-minute poster talk.