On Monday, November 21, 2022, a measurement campaign of the air quality in Wrocław, implemented at the UWr Department of Climatology and Atmospheric Conservation, within the framework of the PM Cost and ACTRIS PL project, was launched, with the participation of the RS-Lab team of Prof. Iwona Stachlewska from the Atmospheric Physics Department. The aim of the campaign is to obtain measurement data on air quality for a selected area of Wroclaw (Sępolno housing estate), using a number of the latest measurement techniques, as well as to exchange information on the optimal methodology for their use. At a further stage, the collected data will be used for analyses of air quality conditions during the campaign, as well as for methodological work and analyses related to air quality modeling on a local scale.
The scientific teams participating in the campaign are:
- The University of Wroclaw, UWr Department of Climatology and Atmospheric Conservation and Department of Experimental Petrology: meteorological background measurements, stationary measurements of PM concentrations, analyses of the chemical composition of particulate pollutants, mobile measurements of PM concentrations, air quality modeling
- UK Centre for Ecology and Hydrology: aerosol chemical composition, air pollution source identification
- Institute of Geophysics, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw: remote sensing measurements of the vertical structure of the atmosphere (lidar measurements).
- The University of Silesia in Katowice, University Atmospheric Control Laboratories: in situ measurements of the vertical structure of the atmosphere (balloon measurements)
- Institute of Environmental Protection, National Research Institute: stationary and mobile measurements of PM concentrations
- Institute of Geophysics of the Polish Academy of Sciences: stationary measurements of PM concentrations
More information at: Measurement campaign in Wroclaw - LIFE-MAPPINGAIR/PL (uni.wroc.pl)
Originally published on - Nov. 30, 2022, 9 a.m.
Last update on - Nov. 30, 2022, 10:43 a.m.
Publisher - Sekretariat IGF