DISCIPLINE physical sciences
KEY WORDS density functional theory, hot charge carriers, surface plasmon-polaritons, metallic nanoparticles
DESCRIPTION (field, expectations, comments):
We are seeking candidates for a postdoctoral position within the Opus 18 project “Impact of atomic composition and strong coupling on generation of hot charge carriers in metal nanoparticle-adsorbate structures” (project PI Tomasz Antosiewicz) funded by the National Science Centre (Poland). The main goal of the employed post-doc will be studying hot charge carrier generation in metallic nanoparticle-adsorbate systems first principles methods such as density functional theory and its time-dependent variant. The project is based at the Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw (Poland), and involves collaboration with partners at Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden.
The candidates have to conform to the conditions stated in art. 113 of Higher Education Law dated 20.07.2018 (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2022, item 574).
- The candidate at the time of employment must be a holder of a PhD in physical sciences or a related field which was awarded not earlier than in 2016 and specialize in density functional theory as well as its time-dependent variant.
- Additional experience in using (1) DFT/TD-DFT to model metallic/plasmonic/semiconducting nanoparticles and/or semiconductors, (2) knowledge on plasmonics, nanophotonics, or (3) strong coupling is beneficial.
- Programing experience C/C++, Python, Fortran, Matlab, etc.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
The candidate must meet the conditions set by the National Science Center for people employed in a post-doc position. In particular, the person employed for this position must have a doctoral degree obtained no earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project. This period does not include breaks related to maternity leave, additional maternity leave, leave on the conditions of maternity leave, additional leave on the conditions of maternity leave, paternity leave, or parental leave granted on the terms specified in the provisions of the Labor Code or the receipt of sickness allowance or rehabilitation benefits in connection with incapacity for work, including those caused by diseases requiring medical rehabilitation. For women, the indicated 7-year period may be extended by 18 months for each child born or adopted. A woman can choose a more favorable way to indicate breaks in her scientific career.
The employment will take place in accordance with the NCN regulations, in particular the employed person must meet the following conditions jointly:
- at the time of receiving remuneration, they will not be receiving any other remuneration paid from the funds granted to research projects under NCN calls under the heading of direct costs;
- their PhD degree has not been awarded by an institution planned to employ them at this post;
- in the period of receiving the remuneration they will be receiving no remuneration from another employer pursuant to an employment contract, including an employer with registered office outside of Poland;
- will be employed for at least 6 months.
Additional details/exceptions are found in the Opus 18 call: https://ncn.gov.pl/ogloszenia/konkursy/opus18
Please send any querries to Tomasz Antosiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation in research activities within the NCN-funded research project “Impact of atomic composition and strong coupling on generation of hot charge carriers in metal nanoparticle-adsorbate structures:”
- Studying metal-nanoparticle-adsorbate interaction/plasmon-molecule coupling, exction coupling between metallic nanoparticles and molecules/semiconductors
- Development of DFT/TD-DFT to pursue the above task
- Interaction with PhD students working in the project and external partners.
- Writing papers, reports, presenting results at conferences, etc.
Full-time temporary employment at the Facult of Physics, University of Warsaw, Pasteura 5, 02-093 Warsaw, Poland for up to 12 months. Beginning of employment on or after 01.08.2023, negotiable. Remuneration is based on NCN regulations for post-docs (120 kPLN gross-gross per year).
The candidate should provide the following documents by email to email@example.com in PDF format (scanned signed documents, please add in the email title: post-doc, name of applicant):
- Application for the position. In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
- Information on the processing of personal data - information clause and consent clause - attachment to the announcement (available on the website https://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/wp-content/uploads/sites/18/2021/01/Klauzula-informacyjna-przy-rekrutacji-do-pracy_11_2019_EN.docx - In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
- Statement on reading and accepting the rules for job applications for a position of an academic teacher at the University of Warsaw (available on the website https://www.fuw.edu.pl/dokumenty-i-formularze.html ) In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- Short description of research interests, plans, and own most important scientific achievement.
- Information on PhD degree: a. Copy of the PhD diploma or certificate it was awarded; alternatively b. Declaration of the planned date of obtaining the PhD.
- Two letters of recommendation sent directly by their Authors to Tomasz.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The entire procedure will be concluded before 20.04.2023. Selected candidates might be asked for an interview with the commission appointed by the Dean of the Faculty. The interview will likely be carried out online via Skype, Zoom, etc. The candidates will be informed about the recruitment results individually by email. In the case of resignation of a selected candidate, the position will be offered subsequent candidates from the selection ranking list.
The candidate selected in the competition is required to submit original documents before starting the employment. If the successful candidate submitted a declaration of the planned date of obtaining the PhD, a copy of the PhD diploma or certification of being awarded a PhD degree must be submitted.
This announcement is the first step in the procedure of employing an academic teacher and its positive result will be a base for consecutive steps.
Originally published on - March 13, 2023, 1:46 p.m.
Last update on - March 15, 2023, 2:11 p.m.
Publisher - Sekretariat IGF