DISCIPLINE: Physical sciences
EXPIRES: October 11th 2023
KEY WORDS: optical fibers, deep learnining algorithms, telecommunication,
DESCRIPTION (field, expectations, comments):
The candidates have to conform to the conditions stated in art. 113 of Higher Education Law dated 20.07.2018 (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2023, item 742 with subsequent amendments).
We seek a candidate for adjunct professor to join the Institute of Geophysics, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw and project entitled, Free-form optical fibers for information systems, no UMO-2022/46/A/ST7/00238. We offer a full-time employment (based on a contract of employment) for up to 48 months, but no longer than 13.04.2027. In case of an extension of the project duration, the extension of employment is possible, accordingly.
The requirements, necessary conditions required from applicants are:
- doctorate (PhD) in science or engineering, preferred in Physics, Mathematics, Electronics or Computer Sciences;
- experience in deep learning modelling or research (theoretical or experimental) in the fields of passive and active fibre optics and telecommunications
- experience in carrying out research and disseminating the results;
- experience of working in research teams;
- knowledge of the computing environment of MATLAB, Python, PyTorch or TensorFlow
- fluency in written and spoken English.
Description of expected tasks:
- development of new numerical methods for modelling free-form optical fibres, modelling of physical phenomena occurring in free-form fibres, participation in experimental work related to characterisation and measurements of new types of optical fibres for their application in telecommunication systems.
- cooperation with the technology team as well as young scientists and students;
- publication of work results in scientific journals.
The candidate must meet the conditions set by the National Science Center for people employed in a post-doc position. In particular, the person employed for this position must have a doctoral degree obtained no earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project. This period does not include breaks related to maternity leave, additional maternity leave, leave on the conditions of maternity leave, additional leave on the conditions of maternity leave, paternity leave, or parental leave granted on the terms specified in the provisions of the Labor Code or the receipt of sickness allowance or rehabilitation benefits in connection with incapacity for work, including those caused by diseases requiring medical rehabilitation. For women, the indicated 7-year period may be extended by 18 months for each child born or adopted. A woman can choose a more favourable way to indicate breaks in her scientific career.
The employment will take place in accordance with the NCN regulations, in particular the employed person must meet the following conditions jointly:
- the principal investigator was not a supervisor or assistant supervisor of her doctoral dissertation;
- their PhD degree has been awarded by another institution than the one planned to employ them at this post or they have completed a continuous and evidenced post-doctoral fellowship of at least 10 months in another institution than the host institution for the project and in another country than the one in which they have been conferred a PhD degree;
- at the time of receiving remuneration, they will not be receiving any other remuneration paid from the funds granted to research projects under NCN calls under the heading of direct costs;
- in the period of receiving the remuneration they will be receiving no remuneration from another employer pursuant to an employment contract, including an employer with registered office outside of Poland;
- during the period of receiving this remuneration, he will not receive retirement benefits from the social security system;
- will be employed for at least 6 months.
Interested candidates should submit their applications to the Administrative Office of the Institute of Geophysics, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw, Pasteura 5, 02-093 Warszawa, room B4.41, e-mail: sekretariat.IGF@fuw.edu.pl (with title: postdoc in project no. UMO-2022/46/A/ST7/00238) including:
- Application for the position.
- Information on the processing of personal data - information clause and consent clause - attachment to the announcement (available on the website https://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/wp-
content/uploads/sites/18/2021/01/Klauzula-informacyjna-przy-rekrutacji-do-pracy_11_2019_EN.docx - the pdf-format with a scanned signature
- CV with contact data.
- Copy of PhD diploma.
- List of research papers, including number of citations according to the Web of Science database and short description of three most important achievements.
- Contact data to at least two scientists from outside the University of Warsaw, who can provide opinions on the candidate.
- Filled form available at http://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze/ For the person applying for employment, p. 1.
- Statement on reading and accepting the rules for job applications for a position of an academic teacher at the University of Warsaw (available on the website https://www.fuw.edu.pl/dokumenty-i-formularze.html ) - the pdf-format with a scanned signature
All documents should be signed by the candidate. Questions concerning the post should be addressed to the Administrative Office of the Institute of Geophysics.
The decision will be taken not later than October 15, 2023. The candidate may be asked for a qualification interview with the commission appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Physics.
The candidates will be informed individually.
The candidates will be informed about the results of selection procedure by an e-mail.
This announcement is the first step in the procedure of employing an academic teacher and its positive result will be a base for consecutive steps
Originally published on - Sept. 11, 2023, 7:45 a.m.
Last update on - Sept. 11, 2023, 7:45 a.m.
Publisher - Sekretariat IGF